The person who booked my flat is not the actual guest....but an intermediary. Is this permitted?

Jeanne62
Level 1
Riverstick, Ireland

The person who booked my flat is not the actual guest....but an intermediary. Is this permitted?

I have just heard from my manager that the person who booked my flat is an intermediary, so the details, verifications etc. are not for the guest but the intermediary.  Surely this is not acceptable policy?  Can you please advise for the future.  Guest has already arrived.  Thanks.

1 Reply 1
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Jeanne62

It is against AirBnB policy to take third party bookings - having said that, it happens quite a lot, and many people are happy to take the bookings. Children booking for parents, people booking for weddings, people booking it as a present for someone. 

Also, you have let the person into your property. The main thing is that you are not covered by AIrBnB if anything was to happen = having said that, trying to claim anything from AirBnB seems to be close to impossible.

So, you are a bit stuck. Its up to you, but if the person seems fine, etc then use it as a warning for future bookings to double check that the person booking will be staying too.

Good luck