The Guests are not using itens in the proper way

Answered!
Bianca156
Level 10
Campinas, Brazil

The Guests are not using itens in the proper way

This is the first time I have guests that are going to stay in my listing for a long time. And part of the long-term rental is to provide a week cleaning. I am doing it myself. I came across an uncomfortable situation the guest is using my Bamboo Breakfast Tray (this kind of trays that have little foldable feet) as a table at the apartment entrance to place bags and other items. I am not happy with this, because I believe that in a course of the two months stay, it will damage my tray. What should I do? Should I completely remove the item from the apartment or put it back in the kitchen and ask than to use as a table? Or let it be and later If it gets damaged I charge them? Have you ever faced such situation?  

1 Best Answer

@Bianca156   I would remove it and or replace it with something you do not care about if it gets broken, of course do mention it to them and why.  It is not listed as an amenity is it?   If you ask them they may keep using it anyway, and getting damages is a long road and not a guarantee even with a deposit, if the guest denies or challenges.

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6

@Bianca156

I would politely send them a message via the ABB message platform. 

"Hello ------

We hope your stay has been great so far. I have cleaned the room and stocked the bathroom of towels and toilet paper. 

I also noticed that the you have placed bag over the tray table from the kitchen. Those trays cannot carry that much weight and will eventually break. I would strongly advice that you find an alternative place to place your bags. I would hate to charge your deposit for damages whilst it breaks. 

Message me if you have a question.  I can help. 

Best,

Bianca"

Always begin and end a letter with a positive phrase. Sandwich the unpleasant stuff in between.

Communication is key. Your guest will not know your expectation of you don't communicate.

Good luck. 

Thanks, @Florence-And-Michael0 I will do it! 

Very good!

Thank you!

@Bianca156   I would remove it and or replace it with something you do not care about if it gets broken, of course do mention it to them and why.  It is not listed as an amenity is it?   If you ask them they may keep using it anyway, and getting damages is a long road and not a guarantee even with a deposit, if the guest denies or challenges.

Thanks for your advice. I will do it. I do have the proper place for it but she has rearranged the furniture around so that that the booster seat that I place under the hangers for bags and other items are not close to the door anymore. It is not listed as an amenity it is just part of the items I have in the kitchen. I have a full set of pottery to have breakfast in bed and that is part of it. I would hate to have it damaged.   I will leave a message as well as @Florence0 And Michael recommended. Thanks again...   

Marina696
Level 2
Myrtle Beach, SC

Yes, I saw that one guest was holding his big travel baggage on the top my fridge! I did not like it, the refrigerator is new. Some guests do not care about this. I think that the site should think about how to make the guests better read our rules.