Tenth tip for great guest review. It really works!

Blagoje0
Level 10
Split, Croatia

Tenth tip for great guest review. It really works!

Your next guests are coming from Japan or Norway, Italy or Brazil, China or...

Do you personally welcoming your guests? If so, greet them with something like  "Hi! How are you?" but in their language. They will be pleasantly surprised and put a big smile on their faces. And we all know how important is that first impression. 

Try it and see:).

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Hosts/Ninth-tip-for-great-guest-review-It-really-works/m-p/244027#M5...

5 Replies 5
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Blagoje0..... I don't know, you can get yourself into trouble like that.

When we were in Beijing I tried to pick up some of the local 'lingo'! It's hard because, as westerners we have nothing to relate to!!! Chinese speech is like pigeons warbling, there is nothing you can associate with!

I tried to learn and one day walked past the reception desk in the hotel we were staying in, and as I passed I said 'Mi How Ma' (which means, how are you) to the 8 girls working behind the counter....and they all burst out laughing!!!

I felt like a complete dickhead......

Cheers....Rob

if someone find complicated to say Hi! How are you? on a foreign language you can just say Hi!:). Guests will appreciate your small effort for making them feel really welcomed.

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Oh @Robin4, they would have been giggling with absolute delight that you spoke to them, not for any other reason!

Lilian20
Level 10
Argelès-sur-Mer, France

Good idea @Blagoje0 sounds fun and useful to learn a couple of new lingos. 

And it's true it could get you in trouble as @Robin4 mentioned but at least you'll have tried

Thanks for your comments but I do not see any trouble by welcoming my guest in their own language by saying Hi! :))