Teenager Guests

Tawnie0
Level 2
Miami, FL

Teenager Guests

I'm receiving a lot of teenagers this time of year for grad prom parties I've turned them down but Airbnb auto emails are suggesting to lower my price because I declined 5 inquiries... and I'm being bumped from my listing for declining guests that are a serious liability ?

4 Replies 4
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Tawnie0  Do these teenagers (under 18) have Air BNB profiles?  I wonder if that is the case, if Air BNB needs to be notified of the inappropriate profile.  If not, then are they using someone else's profile like a parent, in which case this is a third party booking attempt.  Either way, your declining them is within the Air BNB rules and you should not be penalized.  Perhaps you could discuss this with Air BNB as you would have a record of the inquiries on the Air BNB messaging system.  Call the US number early in the morning for a shorter hold period.

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Tawnie0

You need to decline a lot of requests in a row to have it affect your listing. I believe after 10 consecutive declines you get a warning.

As for emails regarding price - ignore - they are automated and it's up to each host to assess how much their property will rent for.

Sally460
Level 1
Hope, Canada

I recently had a request to book our condo from a parent who wanted to book for his 17 year old daughter and her friend.  I politely declined the request.  I actually hadn't considered this happening and have since updated my booking rules to state a  minimum age.  I have a question though....does Airbnb have minimum age requirements in order to book?  

Apparently not.  I had a similar question to Airbnb yesterday, but in reverse.  A high school senior (although she was either 17 or 18) made the reservation for she and her Mother (could not speak english).  Not a particularly good experience because the Mother and I could not communicate and I was dealing with a high schooler graduate.  When calling Airbnb, I was sent to a policy that stated we could not discrimate against age, etc.  How would a host know the age of an individual anyway unless told because a host is not privy to the driver's license or passport?  The Airbnb policy says check with your local laws on the subject or the Airbnb representative said to do what you proposed by udating your booking rules to state a minimum age.