Survey + Interview Request to learn more about users’ views of Airbnb’s review system

Dana148
Level 2
West Vancouver, Canada

Survey + Interview Request to learn more about users’ views of Airbnb’s review system

Hello,

I am an undergraduate student from Northwestern University, and I am researching on Airbnb 's review system for summer undergraduate research grant program (more information about the research described below). Part of my study requires me to send out questionnaires and interview Airbnb users such as yourself so that I can learn more about their views on the review system in Airbnb. If you could spare some time and participate in this study, it would be hugely appreciated. If you are interested in seeing my results, please let me know in the debriefing page of this survey. 

Thank you so much!

Regards,

Dana

========

In this research study, participants will be asked to first complete a series of questionnaires about their views on Airbnb's review system. The initial survey is expected to take up to 5 minutes to complete.

https://weinberg.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9yu7qgEiDFW5XrD

If participants choose to participate in a 45-60 minutes follow-up phone interview and they become randomly selected for an interview, participants will receive an additional $30 Amazon gift card, and will be entered into a raffle. The winner of the raffle will receive $150 Amazon gift card at the end of September. The chance of winning is greater than 1/24.

Eligibility/ Criteria for participation

- you are 18 years of age or older and are capable of consent

- you can read, write, and understand English

- you currently live in the US (does not have to be citizenship/green card holder)

- you are not a prisoner or a detained individual

- you have not taken the pilot study

This research study (IRB #STU00207726 ) is to be conducted by Eunseo Dana Choi at Northwestern University. Please contact Dana Choi (at. danachoi2019.1@u.northwestern.edu) with any questions.

5 Replies 5
Gillian19
Level 10
St Leonards, Australia

@Dana148 hi Dana, It appears that no-one can take part in the study if they are not from the US. so it's going to be the opinions of US hosts only......

Dana148
Level 2
West Vancouver, Canada

@Gillian19 Hello Gillian, yes I am trying to collect responses from US hosts and I tried to make that clear in the eligibility description. But to make that even clear to readers, I will change the title of this post.

Thank you for your suggestion! 

Dana148
Level 2
West Vancouver, Canada

Unfortunately, it seems like I can't edit the post, so hopefully your comment makes it extra clear for others who are interested in participating. 

Thank you very much! 

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Ahhh, too bad it's only for US hosts....

To all hosts willing to participate, do make sure you're up to date on the new, convoluted, as well as misleading newer review progress for guests.

Crux of the matter is that many guests will probably stop midway because it's too long, and with the new higher stats Superhosts are now required to hold this may pose a problem to us.

Also, with SH now requiring a 4.8 average the way guests are asked about their experience without being shown stars, they may actually even more than before think a 3 is a good evaluation.

Here's more info and screenshots if you're not familiar with this:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/The-quot-new-quot-host-review-form-for-guests-to-rate-ho...

Dean26
Level 2
Toledo, WA

I started to but not when I read this bull**bleep**...

"Please choose the physical gender you identify with."