Star ratings

Pamela88
Level 1
Crickhowell, United Kingdom

Star ratings

how do i ensure my guests give me a star rating? also on the site how do i give my guest a star rating. Cant work out how to do it.

2 Replies 2
Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

@Pamela88 if your guests give a review then you will get a star rating (after 3 reviews) but you can't force guests to write a review. You don't give guests a star rating.

Bob39
Level 10
Goldfield, NV

The guest will get email reminders from Airbnb probably 3 times during the 14-day review period after they check out. If you want to, you can also send them a message through Airbnb thanking them for their stay, and asking them, if they enjoyed their stay, to write a review of it on Airbnb. That's all you can do. The guest can choose to do nothing and write no review amd give no rating if they choose to. Some of the best guests I have had during their visit ended up leaving no review or rating for me. So it's very unpredictable. As stated above, your star rating will not appear on the site until you have received at least 3 reviews.

When you write your review of the guest, you will be able to type in comments in 3 sections, and you will give a star rating (1 to 5) of the guest on 3 criteria: Cleanliness, Communication and Observance of House Rules. You can rate them differently on each if you want. Finalky, you give either a "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" on that guest, then you submit the review. Everything that you did goes into the databse on Airbnb, but only a little of it actually appears on the site. The written comments you made about the guest in one section of the form will appear on that guest's profile as a review of them. But no star rating will be directly associated with you. The star ratings you gave that guest will be aggregated with the star ratings given to them by other hosts, and only the averages appear on the site. I don't know what Airbnb does with the "thumbs up/thumbs down" information, but they store it somewhere and might use it somehow, to punish someone somewhere.

At least that's how I think the system works. It's still mysterious to me and Airbnb seems to be changing the rules on a daily basis, so what I typed in here may not be accurate tomorrow.