Special offer

Mariana19
Level 1
Düsseldorf, Germany

Special offer

I sent a special offer to a guest after having agreed on the price via message. Somehow when I posted the special offer I now realized that this was made in USD instead of EUR as agreed. The guest didn't realized because in the end she paid the 850€ agreed, but this include airbnb commission for 95€.... This commission seems to me to be quite high, usually these are much lower comparing to the price of the booking. And now I am supoosed to have made a special offer of 750€... I want to change this, and cannot reach any airbnb chat or so. i don't want to cancel the booking just to keep to what was agreed and that the guest pays a suitable commission. How can I do that? Thanks!

1 Reply 1
Christine1
Level 10
Glenbrook, Australia

Hi @Mariana19, how are things with this matter at the moment?

Although you had discussions and feel a price was agreed via email, nonetheless, the Special Offer sent by you would have made the overall pricing clear to the potential guest before they accepted.

So, they are they discontent with overall tariff, or are you dissatisfied with what you have charged?

1. If you made a mistake on the tariff and you wish it were higher, unfortunately it would be bad manners and probably bad business to try and raise the amount on an existing/accepted booking agreement.
  2. If the offer has not been accepted by the potential guest, then you still have the opportunity to remove and readjust the amounts in a refreshed Special Offer. 
  3. If the offer has been accepted and you feel it is a higher amount than you wanted to charge them, you can give the guest a rebate via the resolutions centre after their stay is complete. 
  4. If you charged the guest less than you wanted to, then try not to be too bothered. consider this as part of your Airbnb learning curve, you will have a very happy guest, and you are unlikely to make this particular administrative error in the future. 
  5. The joys of imperfection give Airbnb hosting that exciting edge! lol. I hope all will be well for you in this matter.

Sincere regards,

Christine.