Special offer help

Rowena29
Level 10
Australia

Special offer help

Hello everyone.

I am brand new to hosting and my first real equiry has been about renting for 6 weeks  - guest is askign for a reduction since it's for 6 weeks which I'm willing to do

I understand about special offers.

I have two questions.

Do I have to cancel pre approval to send a special offer?

If I send a special offer do I make the total what I want to receive and then airbnb will add their service fee, or do i offer the total amount including the service fee? ( i have searched the help pages and read a few community posts and can't find the answer)

Many thanks for your patience and help while I go through a steep learning curve!

1 Reply 1
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

As far as I know you don't cancel your preapproval and you send them your special offer for the amount you want to receive. Airbnb will add service fee on your sum.

But, as it is 6 weeks and it is long term stay you may get it in 2 monthly rates (1 month + 2 weeks) , different cancelation policy will apply and in some countries, after 28 days they become tenants with tenants rights.

I am not very familiar with long stays as our max stay is just 20 nights so maybe some other host will be more helpful.