Space listed as "entire house" listed and I live here

Alison3
Level 3
Luray, VA

Space listed as "entire house" listed and I live here

I received this message in an inquiry and, while I find the person accurate, don't know how to amend the listing.

"If guests "share" any portion of the home with another person including the host, then it's not correct to list it as the ENTIRE house/ apt. This is a house share. SOme may appreciate it if it said so from the gate."

My description clearly states that I live on premisis with pets and that guest/host interaction is to be expected. Do I need to make a change? If so, how should it be listed?

Thanks,

Alison

6 Replies 6
Karin38
Level 3
San Diego, CA

Entire place means they have the whole house to themselves...a room means it's a shared living space.  So you would definitely want to change your listing. 

I'm still not certain how to 'change' the listing. In what category?

Robert78
Level 10
Suzhou, China

Hey there @Alison3, cool listings! I can see the confusion. You're operating a hostel. 

Your "Entire Home" listing isn't entire, if you catch my drift...

Are you sure you're making that particular listing 100% transparent?

I've made it as transparent as I can figure out how to do.

The room listings only allow for private room, shared room, or entire house. I did just find that they have added the listing of hostel to the property type and I've changed it to that. Maybe that will help.

Alison3
Level 3
Luray, VA

Well... I did a face-palm and figured it out... The title stated 'entire house'... so, I just removed those words. Duh!

Joyce65
Level 1
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

Allison,

We have our listing as a Bed & Breakfast and on the front page it shows as Entire House.   This is incorrect as we only use the lower level as the B&B but I do not see a way to get the Entire Home icon to go away.    I do not want to change it to a Hostel.   Any ideas on making the icon go away?

Joyce