Smart pricing - can I still set fixed prices for some periods for example end of the year?

Katka0
Level 4
Prague, Czech Republic

Smart pricing - can I still set fixed prices for some periods for example end of the year?

Hi,

I was wondering if it is at all possible to set up fixed prices for certain periods of the year even if you use the smart pricing function. I use smart pricing and I am quite happy with it, but I don´t want to get bookings for the end of the year for the regular prices (I usually charge more for Christmas and new year and always manage to get bookings). Or can I at least set different min and max prices for certain period?

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards from Prague, K.

6 Replies 6

i was just about to ask the same question, i have just added my property and cant see how i fix prices for certain periods?

Katka0
Level 4
Prague, Czech Republic

Hopefully we will get an answer soon... I explored the settings again, but I don´t think that it is possible to have fixed prices for some periods or even different price range for a period. Which makes me feel that I should turn off the smart pricing fairly soon as I don´t want to sell "Christmas" for the current prices 😞

Andrew90
Level 10
New York, NY

I would contact Airbnb butbinthnknits all or nothing.

See “Contact Airbnb: A Community Help Guide - Airbnb Community”

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Hosts/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728
Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ
Katka0
Level 4
Prague, Czech Republic

Thanks, Andrew. I don´t think that I will contact airbnb. It is not someting they can change on the phone, the option of fixed prices or even different range of prices for certain periods is simply not there. 

What I did do is that I turned the Smart Pricing feature off and when I did that it asked me why and I gave them my detailed feedback. I would advice other to do the same. The more feedback they get the better the feature in the future.

Monica487
Level 2
Eurobin, Australia

I am new to AirBnB and after setting up different rates for peak periods I switched to smart pricing as they keep recommending it. And when I did that a booking came through for next Easter at a very low rate (half what I would have been able to get for what is the absolutely peak for this area). I felt I shouldn't decline it as that is what the customer saw.

I want to leave smart pricing on to help get bookings for the next month or two but I don't want it covering holiday periods in the future.

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Katka0

You can edit prices in your calendar, turn off smart pricing for certain days while setting your own price.

I have set my smart pricing to match the high season and have lowered the prices manually for the low season by turning smart pricing off for these periods.  

I find that smart pricing is not all that smart when dealing with seasons like high, low and shoulder, but hoping that smart pricing will push me up in the search results.