Should we put in our ad that we have a baby in the house?

Jeffrey11
Level 1
Dallas, TX

Should we put in our ad that we have a baby in the house?

We got a comment froma guest they were surprised we had a baby in the house. Isthissomething we should put in our ad?

3 Replies 3
Tracy0
Level 10
London, GB

I think it helps to manage guest expectations to put information about people living in the house no matter what their age.  We as hosts expect to know who is coming (and guests often naughtily leave children off the message!) and I think it's fair to let potential guests know also.  If you are concerned they will be concerned, add mitigating information that might apply (house is massive, we are in a different wing etc) and try to suggest to guests who are very happy with your baby to mention this fact in their review. (gee I was worried about being a host with our little baby here and I worry others will be concerned, or something conversational and non-coercive).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Contact AirBNB
Donna15
Level 10
Delft, Netherlands

@Jeffrey11. absolutely. 🙂 Just as many hosts prefer not to have babies or toddlers in the house, guests might feel the same way (e.g. due to possible noise, crying, other disturbances, etc.). 

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Jeffrey11,

Definitely mention having a baby in your listing, only fair! Babies can cry extremely loud, and it's not everybody's idea of bliss...

I'd even use a little family picture for your profile. So much better when guests get the right picture from the get to.

You mention having 2 children - why not say you have a todler and a baby.