Separate Tax ID for different properties

Jose-E-0
Level 1
San Juan, Puerto Rico

Separate Tax ID for different properties

I have several properties, but am looking into managing properties for others. Could I add a separate tax id so I receive another 1099 at the end of the year for each property onto my existing profile?

8 Replies 8
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Jose-E-0  I would think you would want to put the other people's tax id for their properties so that they are responsible for reporting the income, not you.  Check with Airbnb, but I think you can set up these listings that you manage for others with you as the Manager/ Host but with the property owner's bank account and tax id. They would have to pay you separately for your work.  Here's how to contact: 

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/Contact-Airbnb-A-How-To-Guide/m-p/16165/highlight/false#...

Sanna2
Level 1
United States

Jose - did you ever get an answer to this?   I am about to possibly add a separate property and have no clue how to do this?  To be clear, I would manage/clean, but am not the owner and the profits would go to them with their paying me separately for  my services.  Please advise & thanks!

It should be a seperate listing, their account. And you are a registered co-host.

Nicole293
Level 1
Miami, FL

Did you guys figure it out what is the best mothod to do it? I have the same issue..

Dina591
Level 2
Denver, CO

@Kelly87  Has this changed since 2016?  I am managing a friends property in my portal and don't want to  her rents added to my 1099

Jason114
Level 3
Mountain View, CA

@Jose-E-0@Dina591, you can indeed add multiple Tax Payer IDs.

Go to Accounts -> Payments & payouts -> select "Payouts" tab -> scroll down and select "Add U.S. Taxpayer"

Be sure to use a completely separate bank account for each new taxpayer ID, do not intermingle income and expenses of differing entities/people. Keep your books clean.

Cheers!

This is work for European Union multiple taxpayers ?

Martina894
Level 2
Zadar, Croatia

I  have my own properties, but am looking into managing properties for others and i want to put different VAT ID for different listings. I contact Airbnb and they told me that it is not possible to have more then 1 ID number.  Do somebody know how to solve this issue?