Search Limitations

Walter30
Level 1
Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Search Limitations

I am a retired New Yorker living in Mexico.  I like to return to New York several times a year to see friends and generally recharge.  Since I must specify hard dates for my stay, I am sure that I am missing properties that would be perfect except that they miss my dates by one or two days.i.e. if I specify 8/1 through 8/15, there may be a perfect apartment that is available from 8/3 through 8/19.  I would book it in a heartbeat, but I don't see it because if technically fails to match my search criteria. What a shame.  Here is what I should be able to do: (might even result in more bookings for Airbnb)

I wish to go to New York in the spring or early summer of 20xx.  Find me an apartment in NY on the Upper West Side that is available for at lease 15 consecutive days between May 1 and June 15.  20 days would be fine.  Now I will be more likely to find my dream apartment.

4 Replies 4
Cathy65
Level 10
Bloomington, IN

If I may suggest a method: do several searches with slightly different dates, find the ideal apartment or a few options, then click on "view calendar" for your potential choices.

Christine218
Level 3
Solana Beach, CA

You can actually view listings in an area without putting dates in.

Walter30
Level 1
Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Thank you for your comment.

I have tried that, but it was very tedious and generally unsuccessful because the majority of the listings that were of interest to me were solidly booked into the future.  In all cases, I ended up returning to the date filtered search.  Search is all about showing you what is of interest and omitting what is not for the sake of speed and efficiency.

Dimitri0
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Neu in der Community? Stell dich hier vor. Siehe auch Community Hilfe! Richtlinien & Infos findest du in Neuigkeiten.