Reviews

Andy10
Level 1
Chiang Mai, Thailand

Reviews

I left a review about some damage a guest had caused. I only found out after they had left, the cleaner found a towel that was badly stained

After contacting the guest they eventually agreed to pay for a new towel, but by that time I had left a review mentioning the damage

I would like to remove that part of the review (the rest was positive)

Is that possible? I cant find any answers from AirBnB

2 Replies 2
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

In my opinion we can sometimes rush to give review about petty items - a stained towel which the guest has agreed to pay for is really not a big issue. Think about it if you were a guest - would you expect a negative review in that situation (assuming the rest of the stay was fine). It's unlikely that AirBnB will change your review if it was accurate - even if it could be considered a trivial issue. The 14 day period is there for issues like this to be amicably resolved - accidents happen and it doesnt mean the guest is a bad one.

I'm in agreement here.  When pricing your space, I think you need to build in some buffer for the 'little' things that might go wrong.  If you take the approach that you're somewhat in partnership with your guests to help them enjoy time in your city, you begin to overlook the daily things in life that can go sideways.  If a person has a bloody nose, and the first thing they reach for is a towel.. my response would be, thank God it wasn't something more serious.