Review too personal

Jane38
Level 1
Whitehorse, Canada

Review too personal

A recent guest, who is also an old friend (our last contact had been 24 years ago) left a positive review but I am uncomfortable that it mentioned the names of my children (who don't always meet my guests; this is described in my listing) and about going on an excursion with me (I am a canoe guide) in the future, which is of no relevance to Airbnb but it gives the suggestion that this might be.  This was her first Airbnb experience; I am sure she would be willing to write another, less personal review.  Is there any way this could be possible?  Simply writing a reply will not deal with the fact of my kids names being mentioned.

2 Replies 2
Anna-and-Marcos0
Level 6
Oviedo, Spain

I don't think there is any way for you or her to do this from your end, but if you contact airbnb directly through the "help" page (top right of page)and explain the circumstances, they may be able to do something for you.

Fiona2
Level 7
Pasadena, CA

My understanding is using your last name is one of the conditions under which Airbnb will remove a review, you can try it for using your childrens names as they are not part of the hosting team. I don't believe they will let your guest write a new review, they will either redact the names or remove the whole thing. I had a guest use my kids names in a review and it left me very uncomfortable but I left it alone figuring it would be buried under other reviews soon enough.