Reversing a declined booking

Reversing a declined booking

Hi,

I have declined a booking today by mistake.  How do I reverse this?  The guest is happy to go ahead and says the payment has been taken from her credit card, but I can't access the declined booking.

Thanks

Chris

10 Replies 10
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

If you declined, the payment should not have gone through and charged to the card, but the guest would have had to give the card details to go through with a booking request.

Your potential guest would have to repeat the booking request and you would have to hit the accept button 🙂

Thanks, at this stage the guest has said that she checked her credit card statement and the payment has gone through?  I initially told her that I thought the system had just taken her details and not processed the payment, but its a bit hard to argue with her if she syas its been processed.  Chris

That sounds very odd.  If she thinks there has been an error, she would need to contact airbnb at her end.

Or perhaps the amount has been taken, then reversed after the decline and it will take a bit of time for it to show ?

Thanks, I think that's the most likely explanation, but I will just have to wait and see.

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

I would ask her to make the same booking again.

Jack-and-Rose0
Level 1
New York, NY

We declined a guest  who was trying to make a reservation for a friend and she was still charged by Airbnb.  She sent us a message very upset and told us to fix it.  She said we did something wrong on our end.  But her request is showing as declined by us.

We told her that we would contact Airbnb and suggested that she contact them as well.  I hope we  can get this resolved right away.

We don't want to be held responsible for what went wrong and at this point she truly believes we are.

It takes a couple of BUSINESS days for the charge to drop/get reversed.  I go through this all the time with car rentals, hotels, all that travel-related stuff.

This is an issue with the guest and ABB since it is ABB who processes credit cards.

Geraldine49
Level 1
Leura, Australia

hi on this note, i declined booking inadvertently, and wish to UN decline it - also because i don't want 'declined' to appear on my stats, i'd prefer to reverse rather than guest re-book. Any clues how to do this pls. Geri

@Geraldine49

There is no undecline option.

David
Peggy-and-Dan0
Level 1
Winnipeg, Canada

I had two clients trying to book at the same time and had to decline one of them because I did not have rooms for both. The client that booked changed their travel plans and cancelled so the rooms are now available for the declined client. How can the declined client book rooms?