Renters Market? How to know if your Air B and B will be successful?

Audrey42
Level 1
Seattle, WA

Renters Market? How to know if your Air B and B will be successful?

How can I find out if a certain area has a good renters market for Air B and B? I am wanting to put my home in Grapevine, TX up for Air B and B, but would like to find stats or details on if this would be succesful or not. It would require some work to get it guest ready. I have a home in Seattle that is on Air B and B, that has been smooth as it is such a travel destination. Can any one help with this question?

11 Replies 11
Cathy57
Level 2
Bellevue, WA

It's "Airbnb", not Air B and B
I would say step #1 to be successful - know the product name.
Cathy57
Level 2
Bellevue, WA

It's "Airbnb", not Air B and B
I would say step #1 to be successful - know the product name.
Patti---Dana0
Level 2
Kansas City, MO

Hi Audrey,

You might consider searching for other homes in your zip code to see how many other options there are for travelers.  This will also give you an idea on pricing for your listing.  However, the best bet for getting bookings is to make sure you have good pictures of your space and provide enough details that traveler's feel safe reserving your home.  After that, reviews will be the most important factor in getting additional bookings.  Make sure your home is clean and ready for guests and that you've thought through the necessary amenities that traveler's may need.

Patti

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

The best way to see occupancy is to go into your surrounding listings and click on their calendar. You will quickly see if the occupancy is high or low, how far in advance they are booked etc. Of course, owners block dates they cannot host but overall you will get a good idea. (and I sometimes just call then simply Air, but I can be extremely lazy with my typing...) 🙂

Cynthia17
Level 3
Oakland, CA

Hi Cathy,

Seattle is a great destination! For your Texas home I see many hosts already provided some great advice. I'd also suggest reviewing the region. Are there any local venues that might drive guests to stay at your home? For example universities, convention centers, a business district, a specialized healthcare facility, etc. I have been amazed at the variety of needs that guests have for travel. It isn't always just tourism. Good luck to you! 🙂

Gerda9
Level 2
Miami, FL

Is my area good to rent with AirB&B have not hear from AirB&B or any guest for my beautiful room will all amenities? I am going to pull out and advertise on my own .kendall, fl 33176

Richard926
Level 1
Dallas, TX

URGENT !!  I am a Airbnb host in Grapevine,TX .  The city of Grapevine,TX is holding a special meeting Sept.4th to ban all Airbnb and VRBO owners effective immediately and punishable by up to $2000 per day. We all need to organize together before this meeting to stop this from happening.

We too are  owners of a Grapevine AirB&B, and we are  curioius if AirB&B is going to provide any help ( legal / lobbyists )  to the Grapevine AirB&B commuinity, as the City Council  just  "voted to KEEP THE BAN" on short-term vacation rentals in Grapevine. WHAT...? there is a ban on them already? better tell the 70-80+ AirB&B hosts about this. But I digress. AirB&B......!!!   ..... little help please. 

It seems really strange that after a handful of high profile losses airbnbn seems to have completely given up on any meaningful public affairs/community relations activities, as far as I can tell hosts are on their own in fighting these rules.  This sugggests that that their long term strategy does not include the 'little people' and why they have embraced plus and hotel listings....these are the units that will still be viable when STR have been outlawed most places and/or the regs made so expensive that only a commercial enterprise or wealthy person can afford to comply.

Getting ready to IPO and they don't want bad publicity ? A lot of smaller cities are rounding errors to the giant machine - they have lost Paris, London, NY etc so unlikely they will win elsewhere 

I hear you Mark. I was just told by Cust Serv the same thing... " it's between you and your city council."  Basically,  ' you are on your own' !  OK,  let's play this scenario out a few years, where AirB&B has lost mosts hosts in most cities around the world  and is wondering why their revenuse have collapsed. They better start thinking proactively, or plan on folding up shop some day soon. So sad. Hey AIRB&B community... Any ideas...??? Help....?