Reaching Out To Any Seattle, WA Hosts...

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

Reaching Out To Any Seattle, WA Hosts...

Dear Hosts in Seattle,

I have a friend who I have known since he was a lad of only 4 years old; he is the most remarkable young man, and he is widely sought out now in his College years by companies like Space X to do internships with them in their rocket engine departments. My friend now needs a place to stay for a month near Boeing in Seattle. He is on a very tight budget. I did not know if any of you might have a place for him - He will drum up as much money as he can, and his parents may help, so I won't give a cap on what he can spend; but the less he can pay, the better.

I realize Memorial Day weekend is during May, and so I told him it may not be easy to find a place (he has searched on Airbnb already), but perhaps some of you have a small space for him to crash in that you could list for him? You will enjoy him immensely. He is one of the most accomplished and interesting human beings I have ever had the pleasure of knowing (played Carnegie Hall on the piano when still in his mid-teens). He is a great lover of music, space, and science. I can vouch for his character - I know him and his family very well; his father is a colleague of mine and he has served as Chair at a well known University and in Japan and China in various Health programs at high levels. You will not regret hosting this fine gentleman. In fact, you will likely thank me for the opportunity!

I appreciate your kind consideration.

Best,

Rebecca

8 Replies 8
Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

@Rebecca181

As you know, We are coming to peak season in Seattle, many Airbnb hosts are full. If he wants to save money, he can try Coachsurfing.  Or check out Craigslist for homeshares

Pete28
Level 10
Seattle, WA

Yup - full here for all of May. Seattle is going through something of a boom, so housing is at a premium.

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

@Paul154 @Pete28 Thanks so much, couchsurfing and craigslist is a good idea. If his mom and dad decide to pitch in that may change things. If possible, can either of you give me a sense of what a room in Seattle near Boeing might cost for one month? 

That end of Seattle should be cheaper, but the new light rail from seatac runs through it which has pushed up prices since folks can commute in to the city. I would imagine shared room $40ish.

The other difficulty might be finding anyone with a month available at this time of year, unless they have just started up. But then you don't know what you are signing up for 😞

Catherine871
Level 1
Seattle, WA

I have one room in my house that has a twin bed only. My normal rental is $40/night. I live just over the hill from Boeing in the Delridge neighborhood. I may be able to do a discount in late May, through June, but things are booking up fast, so have him send me a message ASAP to discuss. 

Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

Not sure if you've found a place yet.

I'm considering converting my piano room into a bedroom for the summer.

Depending on his needs and timing, it may work.

$300/week, $1,100/month. Full sized bed.

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

@Paul154 @Catherine871 Thank you for your generous offers; my young friend did find a place and is all taken care of. Just found out. Can't delete the post but hopefully people will see my note here. Very grateful to all who responded!

Christine1240
Level 2
Illahee, WA

What percentage is considered the going rate for a cohost in Seattle WA?