Profile Pictures of jesus (really)

Bruce43
Level 10
Kfar Blum, Israel

Profile Pictures of jesus (really)

ok let me start...i am a new host i have had 5-7 bookings in 2 months.

i reveived a booking(instant booking) from a guest for 1 night.

the phone was near my bed as it was midnight.

i looked at the profile picture and there was jesus.

being a careful host i did a search on his name and he looked ok but i had a strange feeling.

airbnb states : AirBnB stipulates - but unfortunately doesn't enforce - that clear, front-face photos are to be used in the profile.

i called abb and talked to a nice guy who agreed with me on the picture and actually cancled with out penality to me

question: was i over reacting ?

my post to jesus was:      i cant ok the booking as you have no profile picture as per airbnb rules sorry
Today at 4:08 AM    6 verifications 

8 Replies 8

in my opinion,  a little.  You could have asked the guest to upload a proper picture of himself and if he refused, you should cancel.  We tell people it's the only way we'll be able to let them in because, otherwise, they are not identifiable and we may let in a stranger instead.  

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

We once did trailwork with a fellow who looked exactly like Western Sunday School depictions of Jesus (of Nazareth - that's the guy you mean, right, @Bruce43?). It wasn't a case of that? This one was on a cross? 

In one way, I mightn't have worried, since profile photos are sometimes of flowers, dogs, etc., but you are right that those are not recommended. There were no glowing reviews to go with that pic? In another way, a religious photo as a profile pic might indicate some extremeism. Not such a worry in my part of the world; rather bigger in yours. 

And then there is the fact that Airbnb admin agreed with you right off, no arguing. Something may have been off. 

So my vote is that you did not overreact in giving Jesus no room at the inn. He's used to it 🙂

Not sure the Inn would meet AirBnB standards, can see a lot of Guest complaints.

Was Mary with him?

David

well he had twelve friends haha   

haha   thanks for that

Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

I probably wouldn't have canceled the reservation immediately - I would have requested the guest upload a real picture first.

even tho it was a instant booking?     

i did a internet search under his name today.the person was quite famous.

i turned of instant booking for a while until i can sense im more in control 

i just wanted to thank you all for you posts.

and you sense of humor  🙂