Problem guest?

Laura726
Level 1
Peterborough, Canada

Problem guest?

Guest says her cell phone chargers have gone missing.  She believes someone has come into the apartment and taken them.

This is a self-contained apartment.  

I've spoken to her in person and explained that the apartment is secure and that no one has a key but myself.  She later emailed me and said that I said there is a paid cleaner that comes in (which there is not) and that I said that this has happened before.  

I'm concerned that she is delusional and things could get out of hand leading to a bad review or worse.  

She still has 7days of her 9day reservation.  What sort of things should/could I do to help her and protect myself?

3 Replies 3
Karen-and-Brian0
Level 10
Bragg Creek, Canada

Hi @Laura726 Document everything in Airbnb messaging - paraphrase as necessary ie "further to our conversation this morning, I want to assure you that the apartment is secure and that no one has a key but myself .... that I don't employ a paid cleaner and that I did not say that this has happened before, etc.etc." Otherwise, it's your word against hers & from what I've seen here, Airbnb sides with the guest 9 times out of 10. And please, when it comes times for a review, give this guest a thumbs down and put "may be better suited to a hotel" in your review, please do it as a courtesy for all your fellow hosts. We thank you for it! - Karen

Thank you very much for taking the time to offer us advice!

It's wise to document our dealings on AirBnB.  I just wish there was something else we could do to try to avoid a weird/bad review through no fault of our own.  

Wendy-and-Frank0
Level 10
Stonington, CT

Tell her to call the police and stay out of it.