Private message insults

Lucy18
Level 1
Wellington, New Zealand

Private message insults

I gave a guest a good public feedback but in the private response told her that she had said a few things while staying, about my religion and my dog, that I found insulting. She started messaging me with further insults and abuse. I asked her to stop but she didn't. Is there a way of blocking her because her comments are upsetting?

4 Replies 4
Sharon114
Level 10
Lincoln, United Kingdom

Hi Lucy, I think the only thing you can do is to notify airbnb regarding this guest.  The fact that she has used the message board to vent her nasty and insulting comments is proof enough for airbnb to take action.

In the meantime it would be best to totally ignore her messages, she will soon lose interest if she gets no response.

@Lucy18, report the person. You can do this by clicking on the tiny flag icon on her profile page.

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Lucy18

You can also flag the actual messages.

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

If you gave her a good public review but really felt insulted then there is a bit of mismatch here. Having said that, she shouldn't be sending you messages. As suggested, flag her to AirBnB. The question is was she someone you would recommend to other hosts - if no, then why a good review? You can of course reply publicly to her  review if she has left one, but that may just prolong the agnony of having to see messages from her.