Pricing suggestion

Victor57
Level 1
Oakland, CA

Pricing suggestion

Over the years we have increased our hosting rate to match that of the market.  From time to time we receive requests from past guests to whom we'd like to extend the same rate they had paid prior or, at least, give them a additional discount on our present rate, as a thank you gesture.  

However, the existing pricing model only allows for weekly or monthly discount rates.   I realise that through the email exchange guests and hosts can revise pricing, but haggling over price isn't something everyone finds comfortable.   Airbnb should provide a means for hosts to extend various discount incentives, such as discounts for returning guests for example, right on the search page or upon selecting a property.

Just a thought...

4 Replies 4
Joe72
Level 2
Miami, FL

I would not like that option it would open the flood gates to have everyone try to get the discount rate . Work a little and treat each guest as an individual I have no problem telling the guest when they book if they want a discount or lesser rate my offer rate ! That's all we need . Besides you started hacking the minute u wanted to accept them taking a lower rate for returning . This is done all over the world in every economy ! Tryit it's simple they will either say yes or no . U decide !
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Ask the guest to send you an inquiry for the dates they would like and you can send them a Special Offer with the lower rate.

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Just tell your guests in the feedback afterwards...easy!

Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Victor57 As @Cynthia-and-Chris1 suggest, have the past guest send you an inquiry rather than a booking request. (Decline their booking request if necessary) and then send them a Special Offer at whatever rate you want. Be sure to include your cleaning fee in the quote if you have one, as whatever quote you offer the guest, that will be the entirety of the charge.