Price Doubles

Answered!

Price Doubles

Hi everyone. I found a place $754 CDN. I have been communicating with the lovely host and after we completed the negotiations she sent me the booking link and the price is now $1,433 CDN per month. When I search for the same unit without being logged in to the site i still get the $754 price. Something is clearly not working and obviously I prefer to pay the price that was originally served up to me. Please help.

1 Best Answer
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Sharon527   It sounds like she has Smart Pricing turned on can you instant book the $724 price? Or is she a Request to book only? I would ask the host to send you a special offer for the $754 agreed upon. 

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Sharon527 ,

The price mentioned in a listing can be increased by : cleaning fee, airnb service fee, fee for additional guest, taxes etc.. Also on the selected dates the price can be different. So if you go to the listing and fill in the booking form correctly, you can see what you have to pay.

best regards, Emiel

Thanks Emiel, I understand what  you are saying but that is not the case here. There is no additional guest and the price has doubled before the service and cleaning fee has been added. I see it as false advertising. I now have three different prices for the same unit for the same time frame. I have all the screen caps I can share on the forum?

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Sharon527,

Yes , feel free to share screenshots on the forum.

But you also have to realize the listing may use"Smart pricing" as a pricing feature, which means prices are set dynamically. So that could explain you see different prices everytime you simulate a booking.

@Emiel1Thx for your response. Yes that must be the case. If the host chooses to use smart pricing then she needs to honor the price I contacted her on. I'm obviously not going to purchase at double the advertised price, and now I am feeling quite annoyed by all the time I have wasted 😞 

I have just done the search again and I now find two different prices for the same unit for exactly the same time frame. One is now $724, and the other $796 which is different to the $754 quoted above.

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Sharon527   It sounds like she has Smart Pricing turned on can you instant book the $724 price? Or is she a Request to book only? I would ask the host to send you a special offer for the $754 agreed upon. 

@Letti0Thankyou Letti, I understand it to be "dynamic pricing" I did mention this to the host and she said she never had it advertised at the lower price. And because we are communicating through the app she can't receive attachments. I tried to send her the screen caps so she can see what I am referring to. She seemed so lovely and a "superhost" I would hate to think she is being dishonest. Maybe I need to move on from this unit 😞

@Sharon527  Tell her to go incognito to her listing and do a pretend book for the days in question, she will see for herself, what you are telling her. Smart Pricing isn't very Smart it lowers the hosts rates too low more times than not and they don't know until it gets booked at that price or someone like you gets quoted that price. 

@Letti0Thank-you I will communicate this to her. Really appreciate your response. I thought  was going crazy 😕