Preventing double bookings

Steven287
Level 2
Valley Stream, NY

Preventing double bookings

I am trying to finish a separate listing of a room within an already listed house. Does syncing the AirBnB calander with another calendar prevent double bookings? Am I supposed to sync a calandar? How? Link a calendar? How? Import a calendar?How? Export a calendar? How?

Do I start from the setting on the listed house first? How?

3 Replies 3

@Steven287, you don't want to SYNC calendars in this case.

You want to LINK calendars within AirBnB (and it will prevent double bookings).

Here is an AirBnB page on exactly your situation (room listed separately with a whole place listing):

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1864/how-do-i-link-airbnb-calendars-for-multiple-listings

Thank you Matthew. 

I get stopped at step 3 of the process on that help page. (3. Next to Linked Airbnb calendars, click Link) 

There is no link button there. The availability section tells me there are no linked calendars for this listing. Next to "Linked Airbnb calendars" there is an 'edit' button. Clicking that only leads to a page saying "Link your Airbnb calendars" ..."Link your related Airbnb calendars to avoid double bookings" and then a link to the help page that you shared with me.

What do I do? I cannot complete the listing for the room within the house - and I cannot link any calendars

@Steven287 when I look at your profile, you only have one listing published.

Don't you need to have at least 2 published listings to Link Calendars?