Payout recieved inspite guest has cancelled just after instant-booking

Efrat2
Level 1
Rehovot, Israel

Payout recieved inspite guest has cancelled just after instant-booking

Hi,

A guest made an instant booking and started chatting with me, then he realized he made a mistake with the date and cancelled.

I thought that if he has cancelled - that's it... But on the date of ment to be check-in, suddenly i got the payout!

Did i miss something i was suppose to do to prevent that? because i didn't see any inquiry to agree for his cancellation and give him full refund without paying commission to airbnb.com just as booking.com are doing...

Thanx

4 Replies 4
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Efrat2  From what you describe, it appears that the guest did not successfully cancel.  If you look at your list of reservations, if he cancelled the reservation will show cancelled.  If he didn't do it correctly, you will see it active.  If you want to refund the guest, you would select "send or request money" and follow the prompts.  Since you have received the payout, any refund will be taken out of future payments.  Alternatively, the guest may realize his error and will contact Air BNB on his own and request the refund.

Thank you @Linda108 for your answer 🙂

The guest did cancel because the stasus in my list appears as "Cancelled"....

That's why i think it's wrong...

I know i can send him a refund but i don't know if airbnb.com will deduct their commission if there is any in this case.... where can i see that? And how can i contact airbnb help center? can't find a way! they like leaving us as hosts to help each other.... 

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Your cancellation policy is "strict", @Efrat2. Did his cancellation fall within that timeframe? That is likely why you received payout. On booking he will have known your policy, so perhaps he just understood that was the penalty for getting it wrong?

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

It appears, @Efrat2, that as @Lawrene0 mentioned you have a strict cancellation policy.  You might be able to answer your own question by clicking on the "view details" under the cancellation description on your listing.  As you will find, Air BNB has begun a policy of waiving Air BNB fees.  

Again, if you elect to refund, the refund will come out of future payments as you have already been paid.