Payout method

Suhana1
Level 2
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Payout method

Hi,

I’m a newbie host. My question is

1. Can I use my saving account in set up payout method? I dont have paypal and I live in Malaysia. I had set my bank account number and entered the swift bic [Hidden]. Is it correct?

2. While setting, the apps require me to put account location. Does it mean the bank location? If its the bank location, the bank issuing my saving account is the ** Branch in Selangor, Can i still use the head office[Hidden] as the swift bic?

3. How to edit my current payout setting because its under pending verify? Can I delete it immediately?

1 Reply 1
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Suhana1,

The payout methods available in your country should be listed when you click on the "Add a payout method" button and enter your details.

If payout to a bank account is available in Malaysia then enter the SWIFT code and other bank account details that are requested. The SWIFT code should be available from your bank website. The code applies to the bank company and is the same for all the bank's branches. For example, my bank in Shannon, Ireland is Ulster bank and the Swift or BIC is ULSBIE2D. It's the same code for all Ulster bank branches in Ireland.

You say "Account location". If you mean the address, then you should enter the address that the bank has for you, not the bank address. Yes, you should be able to use the head office SWIFT code as the SWIFT code is for the bank company and is the same for all branches.

Why do you want to edit your current payout setting? Is it wrong? If there is an "X", or an emblem like a bin or (United States English) trash can, near it you can click on that to delete the payout method.

When you set up a payout method Airbnb may make a small payment to it to check that the account can accept electronic payments. If the payout went OK Airbnb then takes a few days to process the new account. The account status will then show "Ready". People usually set up a current account. Depending on your bank it might be possible that payouts to a savings account will not be possible.

Steve.