Passport details

Passport details

Hi there!

I forgot to ask my guests for the passport number and i requested it now, and when he sent it to me the site blocked it as a phone number (says PHONE NUMBER BLOCKED). What can I do about that?

Thanks in advance.

7 Replies 7
Dee9
Level 10
Moriches, NY

you cannot exchange ANY identifying information until a reservation is accepted.

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Takis-And-Lefteris0

Have them take a photo of the passport - it can then be sent to you in a phone message.

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Why do you need a guest's passport number?

@Gerry-And-Rashid0

I suppose they need to declare the guests to the authorities like the hotels do.  I had to give our passport details to my host in Barcelona. Authorities there require you have a licence and that you declare all your guests.  

That's interesting - we go to many parts of Spain and have never (except in hotels) been asked for our passport. I wonder if it depends on which country you are travelling from?

@Gerry-And-Rashid0

No, it is a Barcelona city requirement - they try to reduce short term rentals and licences are like gold dust.  The host would be very careful so not loosing it - that means collecting ID-data from every single guest.  

Hello everyone, I am a host in Greece. In my country we MUST declare the money we received untill the 20th of every month on the Tax  Bureau web site. They just ask the full name of the guest, his/her s  passport number , the dates of their staying and the amount. If we don t , they will find out and then you  pay a penalty on top because of NOT declaring !! In Greece we taxed a 15% up to 12000 euros and more after this amount and this is SEPARATE from other money you make i.e. as a worker, a businessman , unemployed etc. Giving your passport number is safe, we give it to the tax bureau and that s it. thank you for helping us.