PAYOUT METHODS!

Titi4
Level 1
Suffield, CT

PAYOUT METHODS!

HEEEELP!

I accidentally added the wrong payout method and it's set as default.

How do I delete it or set a different one as default?

Thanks!!!

4 Replies 4
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Titi4 When you say the "wrong" payout method, do you mean the information was incorrect or that the information is correct but not the account you want payouts to go to?

If the information was incorrect then Airbnb cannot verify it and your payouts will be held by Airbnb until you provide the correct account data.  

If the account is valid, but not the one you want payouts to go to, you will need to enter a new payout account and then work out the payment transfer yourself to the correct account if a payout has been released to that account. 

In both cases if you need to submit a new payout account, you will have to wait for Airbnb to verify the new account which can take up to 5 business days. 

Hi clare!

Thank you so much for responding.

Actually, I chose the payout method to be paypal and accidentally put an old paypal account which I don't use anymore and can't seem to change it.

@Titi4 Ok, if your old PayPal account has been closed, then the payout will be returned to Airbnb who will release the payout to your new PayPal account as soon as it has been verified.  

If your old PayPal account is still open the payout will be credited to that account. 

Be sure to add your new PayPal account as soon as possible so that you will get paid after Airbnb has verified the new account. 

You cannot change an existing account. All you can do is add a new account.  Check out this article: 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/106/how-do-i-know-if-my-payout-method-is-ready

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Titi4,

Welcome to the Community Center!

I was wondering if you were able to add a new account following Clare's helpful advice? It'd be great if you could let us know. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen