Over 16 guests

Katie177
Level 1
Graham, TX

Over 16 guests

Our house sleeps 30 in beds and up to 40 on couch beds, couches, air mattress, etc. How do I charge for up to 30 guests or more. People only see the price for 16 and get really excited until they learn that is not the real price. I am new to airbnb and this makes it very difficult for me. I have had no problem with this on other sites. Please help.

4 Replies 4
Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Katie177

quick answer double you price and offer discounts for small groups.

Regards

Cormac

The Explorer's Club Krakow III

The Explorer's Club Krakow VIII

Gabriel25
Level 2
Key Biscayne, FL

I share your pain, my home is also fit for groups and I have hosted as many as 35, and constantly I must edit my prices and explain to the guest why the price originally quoted is not the right one.

Other times the guest believes that they paid the maximum (16 pax) and feel they can bring more people as there is no additional charge, and we face a possible complaint for "not being transparent".

I don't understand why AirBnB does not fix this, it is a simple option of a "per extra guest fee" that can be activated, as they do on a competitor website.

I don't recall seeing this until this summer. Is there a reason AirBnB only lists up to 16 & for larger homes just states 16+? Don't understand how that's a good thing when guests are looking for, say a home that sleeps higher numbers. This is a problem in two situations...

If a guest sees a house (max occupancy: 16) that only sleeps 16, but it shows 16+ - how do they know they cannot have more than 16 when it's listed as 16+?

If a guest needs to accommodate 22, how do they know that this house (max occupancy: 22) will in fact work for them?  

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Simple @Katie177 just state in your listing that your accommodation can take up to xxx people for an additional charge of xxx per person and once they confirm numbers send them a special offer. 

Best Helen