Ok a guest made a reservation and never paid you but she is in my unit a the moment?

Lyne8
Level 1
Gatineau, Canada

Ok a guest made a reservation and never paid you but she is in my unit a the moment?

Need help fast

I had a instant booking and the guest showed up and never paid Airbnb How do I get paid?

Instant booking you take the payment right away other wise this is creasy....

Thanks Lyne

13 Replies 13
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Lyne8,

You should contact Airbnb immediately.

If she didn't pay then the reservation should not be shown on your calendar as confirmed and she should be removed from the listing.

Type "contact airbnb" in the "Search the community" box on these forum pages where you posted your question. Scroll down a little in the list of suggestions that appears and click on the "Contact Airbnb: A Community Help Guide[UPDATED]" one. That lists phone numbers and ways to contact them via Twitter or Facebook.

Steve.

@Lyne8  

United States and Canada+1-415-800-5959
+1-855-424-7262 (toll-free)
Lyne8
Level 1
Gatineau, Canada

Thanks but I'm in Mexico....someone finaly called me from AirBNB but the pre-approval on a last minute thing is not good. Because she showed up at my place and I had no clue she had not pay Airbnb. We need Airbnb for last minute booking to force them wright away.

John1080
Level 10
Westcliffe, CO

@Lyne8 how do you know they never paid? It’s my understanding guests are charged on their card at the time of booking and then I’ve always received my payout from AirBnb 24 hours after check in. 

Have they been there longer than that? 

@John1080   It doesn't always work that way. Sometimes guests are confirmed and then hours even a day or more later you get a message saying 'pending' – their payment information has not been verified. Has happened to me a few times, thus, I never take 'same day' bookings or bookings that are less than 48 hours into the future.

@Ange2, I had no idea as it hasn't happened to me before. I have had a few times, where I accepted and it said pending, but it wasn't for same-day check-in, and I informed them that they needed to input a new payment method or update the billing address.  

I can see now where that could be a problem for same-day bookings. 

Lyne8
Level 1
Gatineau, Canada

You have to understand this append on August the 3rd a 6h45pm and she wanted to go in the next day at 10am. I did the pre-approved 2 minutes after she sent her request.  After that I was busy working all day but manager went to meet her at the time set for witch she showed up late and then I get home to see a message from Airbnb that she didn't do the payment on the pre-approved and the reservation was cancelled out of my calendar and date where available.

On short time reservation Airbnb has to put in an instant pay after the pre-approved message other wise we get in my situation. The system doesn't take in account for payment the time period request is sent and the check in time....

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

The guest has had their booking cancelled. You need to have her removed from your place immediately.

This is why same day bookings thru Airbnb are not a good idea for hosts.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Did they actually book after you pre approved.

David
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Lyne8  I read on one forum that a guest thought the pre-approval meant they were booked. Yeah right, they knew they had not paid for the room and tried to get the one night free, but this host was smart enough to not let them in. 

@Letti0  I thought that gests were not given the address or any contact information until the booking was confirmed.  And if IB not for 48 hours, the time frame they can cancel for free,  if the host has a strict policy.

@Ange2  Unless you specifically check off not to give the address during the 48 hours, it is given immediately.

If you select this option below rather than the round circle of general area it pin points the location and she also had a photo of the front of her house online which showed the address numbers. She has since removed that photo and changed that setting below.

Specific location
Show a more specific location to guests searching for a place to stay. Learn more