Note: the beloved trick of eliminating the EXTRA GUEST option of entering an astrological price...

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Note: the beloved trick of eliminating the EXTRA GUEST option of entering an astrological price...

... is now not possible anymore with last software update!

This means that entering a ridiculous amount like 250,- to get rid of the "Additional guests: no charge" 

on your listing is NOT WORKING ANYMORE - at least in the Netherlands and probably other parts of Europe - unfortunately. This change must have been rolled out very recently.

Please correct me, but looks like the only way to get a proper and unmistakable  pricing statement is to

work with an extra fee:

-  choose maximum number of guests possible

-  then choose an extra per person fee after a certain amount of guests

example 1:    max. 2 guests / additional fee of 5,- per guest after the first guest;   

example 2:    max. 2 guests / additional fee of 30,- per guest after the first guest; 

example 3:    max. 4 guests / additional fee of 2,- per guest after the second guest;

example 4:    max. 15 guests / with an extra of 20,- per guest after the first 5 guests...

or whatever works best for your price calculation.

3 Replies 3
Maria-Lurdes0
Level 10
Union City, NJ

Hi @Andrea9  I  literally just finished advising someone in another thread to use this trick!   I'm going to test that out to see if it's rolled out in my area.

@Maria-Lurdes0  

That's exactly how I found out too - after advising somebody else about this trick!

Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Andrea9 Oh no! This was actually an Airbnb "mistake" that actually worked in our favor! Just checked my listing.  The extra person charge is still gone so glad they didn't "fix" that part.