Not sure if the host I'm talking to is real and the AirBnb offer valid?

Not sure if the host I'm talking to is real and the AirBnb offer valid?

I found a place trough a local website (FincaRaiz.com) and contacted the owner. He answered me and told that he could rent me a full flat trough AirBnb. We talk a little without sharing deep personal information and then he sent me this link http://airbnb.booking-list84767300.online/1/listing/89/view-3i8rizab/QBJ4EM0zlw.

I'm not sure if its real or a scam. I'm really interested in the place and the price is right for me. But i feel it could be something irregular. Can you please tell me how can i check if the host and the place are real?

Thanks! 🙂

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Carlos1160,

It is a scam, it is a airbnb look-a-like website, nothing to do with Airbnb

Even the reviews are fake. I saw one from the Netherlands , it contains several errors including location mismatch. It's all made up to make it look real.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

It's clearly a scam.

It is not an Airbnb address but a false website.

If you want to find a place on Airbnb then use the Airbnb site to search for a property.

Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

Scam.

Link not working anymore 😉

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Carlos1160

Carlos, always check the IP address in the adress line.

If it is a genuine site it will start with a green padlock with either the words 'secure'  or the words  'airbnb inc' as per this screen shot......

Secure site.png

If it is not a genuine Airbnb site the address will look like this....

Fake Listing.png

It will start with an exclamation mark in a circle.

Always be suspicious of links  you are being directed to and firstly look at that address line and look for that green padlock before you click on anything else.

Cheers......Rob