Not being able to speak to an actual person!!!

Not being able to speak to an actual person!!!

Dear whoever!

I find this site EXTREMELY frustrating as you cannot actually get to speak to someone with regards to set up and running issues of your account, instead you have to trawl through hundreds of supposedly related topics wasting so much time when an actual person can solve the problem in less than a minute!

I have tried updating my calendar after having to cancel a booking but it won't seem to let me do it and now I have had an enquiry again for a period which is booked.

The site appears to have no problem punishing people financially (the only one to do so in the world!) however offers nothing in the way of actual support for people like me who are not new to the business but totally new to their way of doing things!

Is there anyone out there who can actually help?

Ken Spencer

4 Replies 4
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Hi Ken, Yes, I can absolutely answer your question. It is very simple, as the terms and conditions state. When you as a host cancel a booking, the calendar becomes blocked. It is assumed that you will have cancelled because your roof has blown off and similar, hence you will be unable to host anyone else. So, it is blocked.

There are various penalties involved when you cancel as this is the main cause for concern for travellers. Noboby wants their booking cancelled.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Start at the beginning, why did you cancel a booking?

David
C-C0
Level 10
Memphis, TN

Plus, why not simply use the search function?
Karen1
Level 10
St Johns, FL

@Ken30, there are several ways to contact Airbnb, but my favorite is thru Twitter. Here is the link to the Community Guide explaining the different methods to contact Airbnb: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Hosts/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M23397