No solo travellers?

Jennifer1332
Level 3
Santa Barbara, CA

No solo travellers?

I'm not a host, but I'm a frequent aribnb user. In the description for one of the homes I was looking to book, I noticed a stipulation that said "no solo travellers." It just struck me as curious because I'd never seen it before, and I can't imagine what the disadvantage of a solo traveller would be. Any thoughts? Again, just curious...

3 Replies 3
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

I would agree this is odd if I hadn't read many posts from women hosts in shared living situations and they did not want solo men in their homes.  Rather than restrict to women only, they chose to allow couples, hetero or gay, feeling this was safer.  Make sense?

Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

@Jennifer1332  I would ask the host directly why she/he includes that stipulation.

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Jennifer1332, that seems pretty strange to me too - I generally love solo travellers as they use fewer resources! I can understand female hosts not wanting to host single men, but other than that I can't really think of a reason. In my experience, solo travellers often want to engage more with the host - hang out, spend time, chat, etc. so maybe these hosts don't want that? If that's the case, however, they should just stipulate that they only want minimal guest interaction. Who knows...