No response from airbnb re security deposit payment

Kathryn2
Level 2
Melbourne, Australia

No response from airbnb re security deposit payment

Hi,

Airbnb have said they will pay me for damages from the guest's security deposit but since then (5th January) I have had silence. I have repeatedly emailed and 48 hours ago I phoned them but still no one has got back to me. I don't understand, they said they would pay and then nothing.

The problem is I manage the property and I told the owner he would be reimbursed so he is contacting me every day asking for his money and it sounds like I am stalling.

I recieved this from airbnb on the 5th January:

Sincerely, Airbnb

Luke S., Jan 5, 09:10:

Hi Kathryn ,

I'm pleased to inform you that, after a full review of all documentation, we have determined that your request is reasonable and qualifies for compensation. We understand that this has been a difficult and stressful time for you, which is why we would truly like to thank you for your patience and kind understanding throughout this process.

We would like to move forward with issuing you a 510 AUD payment in respect to this incident.

In order to process this payment, please click this link:

and confirm your acceptance of our final agreement. We ask that you complete this agreement within 72 hours and respond to this email once you have done so. If the agreement is not completed within this time, we will be forced to withdraw our offer of compensation and close your case.

Thank you again for your cooperation and patience, it's evident that you're a great host! We hope that you will go on to have many positive experiences using Airbnb in the future.

Happy hosting,

I clicked on the link immediately aand received this response: 

Thank you for your signature. Customer support will be in contact with you shortly.

And that's the end of is, now no one responds to anything, any advice on what I should I do from here would be greatly appreciated. I can always count on you guys having the final answer! Thanks K

1 Reply 1
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Kathryn2,

I think you should contact Airbnb again.  I would use the Twitter route but if that is not an option, there are other ways: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/Contact-Airbnb-A-How-To-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

Cheers

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host