No Booking Inquiries in Over a Month

Sonali7
Level 2
New York, NY

No Booking Inquiries in Over a Month

Hello,

I am an Airbnb host in Brooklyn.  I have had the pleasure of having a 90% occupancy rate for almost 1.5 years.  I take care fo my 2 listings, and have a 5 star rating, and superhost status,  I have not had a single new booking for over a month, and i'm open for Nov/Dec, Jan etc.  Even for Thanksgiving!  A year ago, I was fully booked... i have talked to many Airbnb agents, and they all say the same things - they cannot control what people search for, travel seasons, pricing etc.  I am priced lower relative to places around me, offer discounts, and have no minumum nights. Plus I have instant book.  Something has to have happned. Even an Airbnb photographer who came today said my place should be booked up especially for the holidays by now...

I am perplexed, and really thinking to leave the Airbnb game for long-term rentals - though I just fofrked over a HUGE amount of money for short term rental insurance (ie vacation property insurance).

Any advice, thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you

3 Replies 3
Sam397
Level 10
Reno, NV

Could it be that its just a slow time of the year?  This will be my first winter hosting so I can't say how past winters have been but my bookings have dropped big time for November. In the past, a month would be booked before it started and every month was better than the month before but I don't even have half of November booked yet  and there is only a week left. I am hoping it's just the time of year and will get back to normal by NewYears.

Helen586
Level 3
Garforth, United Kingdom

Where are most of your bookings from Sonali - US or overseas?  I only mention this because myself and lots of people I know would normally take a pre-Christmas New York trip, but with flight cost and exchange rate, this doesn't seem to be happening this year - we are all staying in UK.

I get a mix of both - its NYC, so we get people frm eveywhere, domestic and inertnational, Lastyear we got a lot of somestic travellers from the US during the holidays.  This is my seicnd year bookign, and this kind of lull has never hapened before.