Next year booking

Eileen40
Level 2
New Jersey, United States

Next year booking

I got a request today, 10.2.16 for next July, 2017. My rates are $650. per night, 1 week = $4550. - 3% ($136.50) for a net to me of $4414.00.

The guest requested 7 nights @ $650. per, and yet the "payout, based on $629. per night??? is $4268.00" 

The $629.00 per night is incorrect (the listiing reads $650.) and the payout for 2017 is $150.00 lower than 2016. 

Is there an airbnb increase that has not been made public? Any ideas why my nightly rate of $650. now has been calulated at $629.00?

Any advice? Thanks1

7 Replies 7
Jeffrey40
Level 1
Bloomington, IN

Are you sure you don't have some sort of weekly discount setup? Are you sure that you had each night set to 650?

Annette33
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

I played with your listing, put in 7 days in july /august, and it also came out as 629 per day. right now, it looks to me like you have it on 600. I assume thaT is your seasonal adjustment.

what does it look to you now when you click on a date in july 2017? Airbnb glitch?

Adriana-and-Marta0
Level 3
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Hi everybody. I had an enquiry for next year booking for a month. We can do it but the guest was asking if they have to pay for the whole booking now or if AirBnB charges them a deposit only this year and the remaining next year. Does anybody knows about it?

Looking forward to some help please!!!

Thanks,

Marta

@Adriana-and-Marta0 Airbnb requires full payment. If your confident you can have them book the first week or two and block the rest manually on your calendar and set a reminder to collect the full balance sat 60days prior.  When you remove the block you need to coordinate with them to ensure they are ready to accept promptly and be sure instant book is not on!

Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ

Hi Andrew, Thank you very much for your advise/suggestion I will probably be doing that, which is easier.

Ciao, Marta

Hi @Adriana-and-Marta0

It's always useful to start a new thread if you have a new question to avoid confusion.

It sounds like you must be a new host. I would advise that it's useful for you to read the help section on BNB and information for hosts, so that you understand how it works before letting your listing go live.

A cornerstone is that BNB collects in full when a guest books.

You can do as the other host suggested. Personally I wouldn't as you run the risk of blocking out the dates and if the guest decides not to book these dates, you are left with having to try and fill them at the last minute.

Anyway your choice.

Good luck with your hosting.

Hi Helen, Thank you very much for your advise. Yes, I am a new host and having trouble to find a connection to AirBnB for help. I am finding the Community Centre brilliant!!!!!!

Ciao, Marta