New to Hosting

Intan-Maizura0
Level 1
Selangor, Malaysia

New to Hosting

Hi all, im new here.. i have some question, please help me.

1.how's the booking transaction ?

2.the payment transaction?

3.do we accept deposit?

4.can the guest nego the price with us ?

appreaciate if anyone could answer my question. 

Thank you so much

4 Replies 4
Jennifer93
Level 3
Portland, OR

Hello Intan,

All of your bookings and payments go through the Airbnb website. That is where you would set all of this up.

The deposit is not accepted during the transaction, it is only taken out after a guest has stayed and there is a problem.

You set your own pricing. If you would like to negotiate your price then that is between you and the guest. You can alter the reservation on the Airbnb site.

Happy hosting! Jennifer

Jennifer93
Level 3
Portland, OR

Also Intan,

When a guest requests to book with you, then you confirm them. No payment until they arrive. Once they arrive, it takes 24 hours before the payment is sent to your bank account. Sometimes it takes 2-4 days before you get the payment.

I hope this helps!

Jennifer

Donna15
Level 10
Delft, Netherlands

@Intan-Maizura0, welcome to the world of AirBnB.

Regarding 'deposit': There is no deposit as such. The total fee for a reservation is paid upfront to AirBnB.  Within a day or two of the guest's arrival, AirBnB sends you the amount (which is also indicated in the booking confirmation and the guest's reservation itinerary). 

If by 'deposit' you're referring to the Security Deposit, it - or a part of it - is only paid out if damages are claimed against it. 

It's of course possible to 'negotiate' a price, but many forum members would be unlikely to do so except in special circumstances. 

Their prices are generally always more than reasonably low. They have also found that the guests who begin a conversation by wanting to reduce the price are usually the most problematic once they arrive.

I would strongly suggest that you look through the following link to become familiar with hosting on AirBnB, as well as explore the 'Help' area. Simply click on the 'Help' icon at the top of the page. 

Essential reading for hosts.

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/General-Hosting/Community-Help-Guides/m-p/23100#U23100

I would also recommend that you put a Security Deposit in place, and that you extend your House Rules to make them more specific and clear. Guests need to know their boundaries. A firm and clear set of House Rules is also essential if you need to contact AirBnB and explain in what way a guest might have broken any of them. 

Your listing looks very attractive, but the description would be more guest-friendly if it were in a conversational tone rather than presented as a list. It's always useful to look at other listings in your area to see how those hosts have presented the accommodation.

Donna--I saw the link you posted for documentation to read as a new host but it doesn't work for me. I get the following error: An invalid set of parameters has been specified in the url.