New listing -not able to book

Cheryl-And-Vaughn0
Level 1
Winnipeg, Canada

New listing -not able to book

Hi there...

I just listed my very first Airbnb ad.

It says its active and my calander is wide open.

I activated it about an hour ago but someone I know if trying to book it and it's telling her that it's not available.

I've tested it for all dates and it's not letting me book anything.

Any ideas?  Help 🙂

8 Replies 8
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Hi, @Cheryl-And-Vaughn0. I just tried the same thing as your friend. Your calendar shows as wide open, but any combination of dates I enter sends up a Not Available warning. Strange. I don't see minimum stays or anything that might be affecting booking. 

So I did a search for "not available" in this forum and found this thread: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/My-new-listing-is-showing-available-dates-as-quot-Those-...

Looks like you just need to wait. Turn off the computer, give it a few hours, and try again. Hope that does the trick. Will you write to say?

Hi Lawrence

Many thanks

I'll let you know what happens.

Hopefully it will resolve within the next few hours.

Hi Lawrence-

Wanted to let you know that my issue resolved itself the next day.

It appears that it can take up to 24 hrs for the active listing to actually become active on the system.

No issuse since then.

Thanks for your assistance!

Paul577
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

Hello, we have the same problem. Advice would be appreciated.

Wait a couple of hours and sometime during that time turn off your computer, @Paul577. Same advice as for Cheryl. See above.

Hi

I have many booking enquires for dates that are not blocked or pending bookings. When I try to send accept it says I am unable to because the dates are blocked.... Any polite suggestions appreciated. C

Florencia0
Level 6
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Hi @Cheryl-And-Vaughn0 

Might I ask you a question? 

When does this message pop up? When you select the dates inside your listing's page or after you hit the red Book button?

Good morning,

My issue occured within a few hours of activating my airbnb listing.

The calendar indicated that the unit was available to book but when we tried to, the system said it was not available.

The issue resolved itself within 24 hours of activating the listing.

I believe its simply a glitch in the program.

After approx 24 hrs, guest were able to book with us.

Hope this helps

Best regards