NEW GLITCH? Children are shown as "guests" !

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

NEW GLITCH? Children are shown as "guests" !

I received booking inquiry for 2 GUESTS even though the guest selected 1 adult and 1 child. Luckly, the guest mentioned the child in his inquiry othervise I would have no idea and would preapprove it and expect 2 adults.

So I did a test , I selected 1 adult, 1 child and 1 infant but as you see my booking form is showing "2 GUESTS, 1 infant" and that's exactly what host will see when he gets an inquiry, request or booking. He will have no idea there is a child in a group.

children.png

So, it seems we have to ask our guests if there are children in their group and how many of them 😞  

PS
kids unfriendly homes are also shown in search results but they are not instant bookable.

4 Replies 4
Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Oh @Branka-and-Silvia0. As if we haven’t got to be superhosts already, to second guess the needs of guests. #FacePalm!

John1080
Level 10
Westcliffe, CO

@Branka-and-Silvia0, thanks! Yes, it can be very helpful to know if children are coming. In a perfect world, a guest would book with an appropriate message such as, "Hey, my husband and I are bringing our 5-year-old daughter for a long weekend." Of course, many and probably most will not.

In my space, I have many hazards for children, including a hot wood stove and many stairs and quite high deck areas, which present fall hazards, so I like to know if children are coming. I request in several places on my listing to alert me if children are coming, but of course, as we know many do not read the listing! 

Will keep an extra eye on this new 'improvement'. 

@Branka-and-Silvia0,

I have no idea if it was different for you before but, in my case, it is like that since years. I never had been displayed if guests are adults or child between 2 & 12. 

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Olivier291

Are you sure? Now you confused me.....  Because I could swore I could see how many adults and how many children is in the group . I remember I got few inquiries and requests where guests didn't mention children in a text but I could see the number of adults and children in the left column, under selected dates so I declined .