My tenant is smoking marijuana and disrupting the other residents. How can I make him leave?

Answered!
Scott14
Level 1
Perth, Australia

My tenant is smoking marijuana and disrupting the other residents. How can I make him leave?

Hi guys and gals,

I recently accepted a tenant to stay. From his emails he seemed nice and he wanted a 1 month stay so I was happy to allow him.

Since he has moved in he has been smoking marijuana in my courtyard of my apartment and the other owners have been complaining about him and his friends. He also has 3 other guys living with him. One is sleeping on the couch. 

Can anyone help? I'm worried he and his friends are making a mess of my unit and giving my tenants a bad reputation in the complex (they may forbid me from having short stay tenants in future). 

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

1 Best Answer
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Scott14,

I would contact Airbnb and see if they can re-home him.  The problem you might have is that it is considered a long term stay and he may have tenant rights.  This is why a lot of hosts will not rent out over 28 days which is often the amount of days which switches things from a short term to a long term.  Check out your local landlord and tenant regulations.

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Scott14,

I would contact Airbnb and see if they can re-home him.  The problem you might have is that it is considered a long term stay and he may have tenant rights.  This is why a lot of hosts will not rent out over 28 days which is often the amount of days which switches things from a short term to a long term.  Check out your local landlord and tenant regulations.

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Thanks a lot for your help Dave. I really appreciate your help.

I have been searching for an hour now, on how to contact Airbnb to request that they "Re-home" these guests and have yet to find it. Where is this information ? 

David

Call the Airbnb customer service number listed on the website. The Airbnb number I have is 855.424.7262 or 415.800.5959