My listing is available but it's not showing when people search for it.

My listing is available but it's not showing when people search for it.

My listing is available but when people search for it it doesn't show. They are using available dates and conforming to all requirements. Any idea what's going on?

12 Replies 12
Eric184
Level 2
New York, NY

I'm having the same problem and it's very frustrating.  For the past few days the number of views on my page has decreased significantly.  I've tried searching for specific dates in my neighborhood and the listing doesn't even show up at all.  The dates are open in my calendar and the search results return only a couple pages of listings but mine is not there.  I hope someone at Airbnb is reading this forum becuase this needs to be resolved ASAP.

Andrew90
Level 10
New York, NY

@Claire34 @Eric184 When doing your test searches did you ensure that instant book filter was turned off? 

I would also recommend reviewing some of the May posts on the subject of "why can't I find my listing" "views/booking are down" and the like. There are literally hundreds of these and I think almost every scenario. Has been extensively discussed. 

Just to name a few : cancellations, significant number of declines, response rate, bugs, surplus of listings, etc. 

If after doing a little research you can't find and answer please post some more details and I'm willing to do some digging to help you. 

Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ

@Andrew90 Thanks for the suggestions.  Yes, instant was turned off during my test searches.  I've done a bit of research but will keep digging.  My listing is only a week old, so I'm pretty new to this.  I've only had to decline one request but it was becuase I had two requests for the sames dates come through at the exact same time.  My response rate is 100% and I always reply within 1 hour.

I know if there are a surplus of listings (which there usually are in my neighborhood) it's possible to not show up, but in this case only two or three pages of listings came up for the dates I was testing and I wasn't one of them.

I've noticed that if I test a time period of more than a few days, I show up right away, but if I test search for dates for only two or three nights, I don't show up at all.  My minimum stay is set to two nights.

I got over a hundred page views and three bookings the first two days my listing was up and since then only about 10-15 views per day with no bookings.

@Eric184 I think you have somethign else going on and I woudl reach out to Airbnb.  I cannot find your place no matter what I did nor what filters I applied I got it down to 9 listing in where it shows your pace being on the map with a very narrow price range.  I would contact airbnb and document everthing you have tried and ask them to check in to it and in particular confirm geo-cache is not corrup and your account has not bee suspended or restricted in any way. Here is alink to the search I did that should have found your listing - 

Regarding your listing I would tweak your photos to make your listing pop a bit more. I'd replace the bed shot as the cover with the one with the fireplace and the couch. Additionally I'd crop down some of them.  The one of the bedroom that is now on your cover I crop out out the door/knob and the corner wall on the opposit side the perspective makes the room look small.  

Good luck!

Thanks for this Andrew  - the answer is yes, I'd checked all those past posts and the instant book (it's off)  before I asked for help. The dates requested are definitely open (it's a friend of a friend so  got to hear about the problem). Not all the things you mention are in my control (eg surplus of listings) but I'm a superhost with a solid track record so I am starting to think it's a glitch in the algorithms.

You can see my listing when you search for me, and can use 'contact host'  to request to book, but if you search by location and date (I have a three night minimum) I don't show up.

Here's  my url:  https://www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/9698646?preview

I appreciate the assistance!

cheers
Claire

@Claire34  when I search Pyrmont with the IB filter OFF and Private Room checked yours is #1 on the results with no filters of price. 

I believe the reason your friend could not see it is that Airbnb is now setting the IB Filter ON by default so until they turn it off manually your listing will not be found. 

snip_20161108144224.png

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Claire0 I don't know what dates people are using to search, but you do not have a lot of open dates in the next three months and you are blocked after that.  Maybe that is the reason.  

Thanks Linda-  the dates this person wants are open ...it's someone I know, which is how I found out about the problem.

cheers

Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

@Claire34 entering the 15th-18th December your listing was on the second page for me. But due to the volume of listings in the city you do need to be zoomed in a bit to your area as you can see on the screenshot below:

pyrmont.jpg

Thank you Victoria - that's a relief. Perhpas we just didn't look far enough in....

I really appreciate the help.

CHeers

Claire

Shanniya0
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

I had same problem:-(

Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

@Shanniya0 for your "Private and cozy room" listing I didn't even need to put in dates, I just did a search on Mount Shasta and your listing was returned 4th on the first page. So there's no problem with it being found.