My cleaning fee is per stay, but is adding to each day. How do I change this?

My cleaning fee is per stay, but is adding to each day. How do I change this?

I have a client who trying to book, but she tells me that she is being charged our 1 time cleaning fee for each day she stays instead of 1 time per stay.  I've not had this problem before.  Any ideas?

3 Replies 3
Shadley0
Level 6
Cape Town, South Africa

HI @Laura156

Im sure your guest is confused, airbnb only adds the cleaning fee for the entire trip

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Laura156,

I am somewhat confused.  I went to look at both your listings.  One has a cleaning fee but you have setup a one day maximum so i am not sure how the guest can even book for more than 1 night.  On your second listing, you do not have a cleaning fee so I am not sure how the guest could be paying a cleaning fee per night.  Which listing are you referring to?

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

@Dave-and-Deb0 I think you hit the nail on the head. The listing in question can't be the one that lacks a cleaning fee, so it must be the other one. That listing's 1-day MAX (an interesting setting...) is probably resulting in a guest who's clicking and booking (or, window-shopping) 1 day at a time because they can't input a range.

However, I just looked at @Laura156's listings and both now have 1-day minimums (even though one of them claims in text to use a 60-day minimum). So maybe the original problem is now fixed.

@Laura156, if you really want a 60-day min, you need to set it that way, not just state it in text. As it is, you may end up getting a lot of short requests that you'll have to constantly decline. Also, the text at the top of your listing states that "at least one guest must be 55". I'm guessing that you meant to write "55 or older", not *exactly* 55.