My Host Wants to Change My Reservation, But I Do Not Want to Leave

Robert-Turner0
Level 1
Mayagüez, Puerto Rico

My Host Wants to Change My Reservation, But I Do Not Want to Leave

I am in the oddest situation I have ever been in with an AirBnB host. I have a host who wants to change my reservation and have me leave tomorrow afternoon, but I have 32 days more to this reservation without a place to go. The host sent me a request to change the reservation without a plan for me to have a safe and secure place to stay. Can I simply deny the request and stay here? I have not violated any policies nor any of the written house rules. My host and I simply do not see eye to eye. Please help. 

- Turner 

3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

You need to contact airbnb right away and explain the situation and ask that they transfer your booking to another appropriate listing. Is the host giving any reason why they are asking you to leave? Do not do any cancellation or reservation change without contacting airbnb first. Make the host do the cancellation- this will result in them getting penalties and the dates they have cancelled for you will be blocked and they will not be able to have someone else book those dates.

Personally, I would not want to continue to stay in a listing where the host didn't want me- too uncomfortable. But it is unreasonable that you be left out to dry with nowhere to stay on such short notice, if, as you state, you have not violated any house rules.

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Don't agree to it, @Robert-Turner0, for the time being. Do contact Airbnb, as @Sarah977 said. See what they will come up with.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Robert-Turner0,

I'm so sorry to hear this!

Were you able to contact Airbnb about this? I'd be very helpful if you could let us know the outcome. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen