Minimum number of guests settings ?

Sally-and-Katy0
Level 2
Baffle Creek, Australia

Minimum number of guests settings ?

I am very new and many of the similar questions on this topic are old.  Perhaps the website has changed or maybe I'm answering a particular question in the creation of the ad incorrectly....

I have a entire floor of my house available for guests.  4 bedrooms hosting 2 persons each.  I want to offer each room for a set price, and add a fee for each extra 2 people.

The current website doesn't provide any options for me to do this.

There are only 3 steps to create a listing and I'm looking in Step 3 under the Price Settings and Pricing tabs.  I've changed the options in both tabs and neither of those seem to show me anywhere to set prices for extra guests if I set a price for a minimum of 2.

In fact, there isn't even an option for a Cleaning price.

Please help me find the way.

Sally

EDIT:  I have not yet published my ad.  I'm still searching the Community for an answer to my questions above and wonder if this might be part of the answer:  publish the ad for more editing features.  Is this right?

2 Replies 2
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

hi @Sally-and-Katy0

if you have 4 rooms then you have to create 4 listings . As one room is for max 2 people then you can not set additional price for additional guests after 2.

Then, for bigger groups you can create few more listings so 2-3-4 rooms can be booked together by the same group of 4-6-8 people. Here you can set the price for 2 guests + additional price for every additional guest.  But, be aware that sometimes will happend that 2 guests wants 2 rooms or 4 guests wants 4 rooms so set your prices accordingly.  

You will also have to block those listings manually... for example when someone books 1 room you will have to block your 4-rooms listings and vice versa.  

Unfortunatelly, Aibnb doesn't have better options for hotels, hostels and multi-room properties like yours.

Thank you for your suggestion.

I was thinking that I might be able to have the 4 individual room listings and that they would ALL appear for those searching with bigger groups, but I realise that that wouldn't be the case.

What do you think about listing this way:  4 x individual room listings for 2 guests PLUS 1 x entire house listing, with minimum 2 and maximum 8 guests?

I would still need to manually block out some listings as bookings were made......

It does seem very convoluted and messy to manage.

Do you have any other ideas?