Message notifications

Michael19
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

Message notifications

I have been a host for a while now and generally I get the notifications on my cell when I have a request on the site.  But sometimes I don't, and I am now (unfairly) getting a poorer response rating because I haven't noticed the requests.  I can't always check the website to see if there is activity.  Anyone else notice this?

3 Replies 3
Clay0
Level 10
Denver, CO

I receive both the SMS text message and the push notification from the AIRBNB app and have not had any issues with these the past two months.

-Clay

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/8721416

Sahara0
Level 2
Perth, Australia

Hi Michael - I've had something similar just now to be honest.  Received a sms msg for a booking request, but when I go into my account - no message??  I can't respond to the sms either as it's an airbnb number.  Frustrating!  There must be something wrong, but it's not helping us get our bookings that's for sure.  Good luck with your issue though, do you know the email fro support?  Airbnb are usually so good with their technical stuff, rarely a problem, but when there is a problem, it's frustrating that all the help is automated questions which actulaly don't help when it's something quite specific whcih doesn't happen often.

I, too, have had issues with notifications from Instant Book reservations to future guests messages not coming through. It is quite frustrating to have a guest ask a question yet hear no notification and therefore no response from me for 12+ hours. I have had no issues until the past few weeks. In addition, I received two change of reservations and was not able to accept or decline them through the app or the desktop version. I called airbnb and they completed the reservation changes and they sent me an email asking for sceen shots of my message issues. They said they could give me a time frame to correct the issue but they are working on it. BTW, I have made sure my notifactions are all enabled and they have worked for 8 months with no issues, until recently... I am hoping airbnb can correct this issue quickly.