Major Announcement: Live from Airbnb Open - Nov 17th

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Major Announcement: Live from Airbnb Open - Nov 17th

Hello Everyone,

Live from Airbnb Open in Los Angeles co-Founder and CEO, Brian Chesky will be making an exciting announcement as he unveils the next step in the Airbnb adverture, today (Nov 17th) at 10am PST / 1pm EST / 6pm GMT. To view this as it happens, tune in via Facebook Live, click here. (You will need an Facebook account to view this).

We will be here in the Community Center, so feel free to share you any thoughts as you watch or return to the CC after to discuss further. 🙂

Enjoy! 

* We will also be sharing the recorded version afterwards

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

9 Replies 9

@Lizzie

For everyone without FB how do we watch  "Live from LA Join CEO Brian Chesky as he reveals Airbnb's next adventure."?

Thank you

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Ange2

I've just responded to your other post, but just to let you know that the live announcement will be shown through Facebook Live and then shortly after I post the video, so you won't miss out. 🙂

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Robert78
Level 10
Suzhou, China

OOOOh! Is he teaming up with Elon Musk and setting up an Airbnb habitat on Mars?? Can I go?? 😉

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hehe - I like your suggestion @Robert78. I wonder what the listings would look like on Mars??

The excitement is building...only 30 minutes to go!

Who's going to tune-in to watch? 

--------------------

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Helen@Kitty & Creek@David@Sandra@Andrea@Han & Jiw@Robin@Annette And Curtis@Babs, @Ange@Alice & Jeff@Andrew@Victoria@Lawrene@Zandra@Cynthia & Chris, @Diane@Bob@Donna@Marit  Anne@Ephraim@Karen & Brian@Gerry And Rashid@Momi@Karen,  @Sharon@Dede@Dave & Deb@Karen@Lyndsey, @Mary Ann@Michele&Louw@Bridget And Mark@Robert@City Limits Ranch@James@Just Traveling@Julia@Kim & Jen@Christian@Nancy@Blagoje@Jeet

Just wondered if you are online and if any of you are going to watch the announcement? 🙂

--------------------

Yep, I don't have FB, so waiting for your post...
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aww, no problem. I will share it as soon as I have it. Then you will be able to watch it on repeat if you wish! 🙂 

--------------------

I can't watch on my iPad- no flash. 

Also, I have not seen any addressing of legal issues. I would rather have had a short discussion of those than all these glitzy little videos. It seems to me the word "experience" is self-explanatory. Why all the videos to try to explain what experiences are? I am disappointed in the address by Brian Chesky. Very little substance.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Ange2 and @Robert78,

Just to let you know I have just posted another thread with more details and a video, take a look here

I am sorry to hear your disappointment @Kate157, if you take a look at the thread I have linked to here in this post, you will find more details and I am sure there will be more information available soon. Plus, it is now live in the app, so once you have updated you app you will see it and you can have your own personal explore of 'Experiences'. 🙂 

Lastly, just to let you know I will close this thread here, so it doesn't get confusing with multiple ones. We would love to hear your thoughts, so please do share them on the other thread. 

Thank you all.

Lizzie

--------------------