Lower ratings for small Zen Space

Grace28
Level 3
Saint-John, Canada

Lower ratings for small Zen Space

Hi,

I have posted a small room included pictures and a write-up.  We had one guest stay in the room for over three months with positive outcome/feedback which actually turned us to list further spaces on Airbnb.  However, it appears the pictures and the write-up are not giving us the reviews for the room we are hoping for.  Our last Airbnb guest gaveus a "favourable" review ourselves but the room "isn't what was listed"; however, my review of what is in the write-up is AS IS...I am confused as to what else I can say about the space...thought?

It has been newly and beautifully renovated in a serene and quiet décor.  It is a small room with a single bed, a small nightstand and a few glass shelves on the walls, ...

1 Room Single Bed in Zen Space

Any thoughts

9 Replies 9
Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Grace28

Just an idea - when I looked at the images as if I was looking for a room I missed getting a real idea about the room. Besides the bed and many detail pics there is nothing showing the other side of the room facing the bed, or the wall where the door is. It doesn't show if there is a place to hang up clothing or a chair... It's also a mystery if there is a window in the room. 

Maybe providing more of those would help.

Thank you Andrea.  I will retake a few pictures & repost. 

Oh, this is Cassie, again.  Good idea from Andrea.

I have good friends in Amsterdam.

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

You mention a great view from window, I would take a picture of that. If the room is so small that you can't step back enough to give an overall impression, use a wider angle if you can. I would add heaps of pictures, it's not enough to form an impression. You can't have too many pictures. Where do they have breakfast? Show a pic. What's the bathroom like? Show. The beach where they can walk? Show. The dogs? Show.

Didn't think of that.  Thank you for the great feedback!  I will take that into consideration.

Raquel13
Level 10
Miami, FL

@Grace28  Grace, as you have asked for feedback, I will give you some candid feedback: those close-up photos are not useful at all.  Not only that, every surface seems to be covered with stuff, where are guests supposed to place their own things? Actually, the room has so many knick-knacks that it would stress me out and I would not consider it zen at all.  Please take better photos and reconsider having so much stuff in the room..

I've just joined into this  airbnb chat space......my place was trashed.  So, I'm in the mood to reply to you.

You DID NOTHING WRONG.  Your place was listed perfectly, sweetie.

My sister turned me onto Airbnb as she's used them to fly all over the world for Dance Curators' Seminars.

She was recently flying to Beirut and found 3 other women sharing a School dormitory for $15 USD/night.

This is how Airbnb started, she says.  She's also rented a living room floor, with yoga mat, in NYC.!!!

The person who was there for months is an idiot......sometimes they are.

I'll mention your place to my sister.

Cassie

www.georgianbaybeachclub.com

Any ideas on my listings would be welcome, folks.

Cassie

Gladys8
Level 4
Orlando, FL

Grace,

You have recieved some great suggestions re: photographs that show more of the room, windows, eating space, etc. The more light accessing a room the larger it appears. You might also wish to employ the use of mirrors to increase the visual effect of space. You can install mirrors on the back of doors or hang a framed one as a headboard (inexpensive at Ikea) to give the illusion of more space. Plexiglass side tables are transparent and do not visually take up space as solid furniture does.  A bit of greenery in the form of a plant always adds interest and visual stimulation in a space. Normally when I see cozy in a title, I know that the space is very small.  Not sure if you would want to change your title to 'cozy zen space'.