Low Views and no Bookings

Alison0
Level 3
Honolulu, HI

Low Views and no Bookings

Aloha Community,

I have been doing Airbnb a long time and am pretty frustrated by what appears to be very low placement in the listings.

I do as much as I can to stay higher: professional pictures, responding to all guests very quickly, Instant Book, High star ratings, "Smart pricing" etc. The one thing I won't do is go to the extremely low price settings suggested on my calendar (below $100.00 night for a 2 bedroom/2bathroom in Honolulu????). I know my price point (and the price includes GET and TAT of 15.25%)

Any other suggestions from the crowd?

Mahalo,

Alison.

2 Replies 2

@Alison0 has there been a big increase in the number of listings in your area?

I know Honolulu is a very desirable travel destination, and that encourages a lot of hosts to set up listings.

Sometimes these new hosts don't realize what they are doing to the market when they race to the bottom with their pricing.

You seem to be doing everything right. Your place looks great, your rating and reviews are stellar, and you are in a great travel destination.

Does Honolulu have a slow season at all?

Alison0
Level 3
Honolulu, HI

@Matthew285 Thanks for looking it over. I had some difficulty in October as well - again, very few views. I'm only getting 0-3 views on average - with a lucky day of 10 very occasionally. Maybe it is a a slow time of year. We had a lot more activity when we just airbnb'd the bedroom, likley due to the lower price. But my rate for a 2 bedroom/2bathroom house is far cheaper than the average price of a hotel room. There are also a lot more listings than there used to be (Many people not paying or charging taxes which is a whole other story...). Oh well, we are leaving for a trip on Monday and I fear we won't be able to rent it out before we leave.