Local LA Tips in 5 question - more recommendations...

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Local LA Tips in 5 question - more recommendations...

Hello Everyone,

By now, I am sure you will be all getting very excited about attending the Airbnb Open. As we lead up to AO, I thought it would be fun to learn a little more about our hosting city, Los Angeles. 

We have asked three LA hosts five questions about their city, including some must-sees and must-eats and they have shared some cracking local tips for exploring Los Angeles.

As we had such a great response, I have split these out into a three part series (I guess you could say a triology!). Our first host is Melanie, followed by Donna and George who will come later in the week, so remember to keep a look out! 🙂 

It would be great to hear your thoughts and what you planning on exploring in LA whilst you are visiting, perhaps you have some tips to share of your own. 

Looking forward to hearing from you and a huge thank you to Melanie, Donna and George. 

Enjoy!

LA

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

6 Replies 6
Susie0
Level 10
Oakland, CA

Tommy Burger at Rampart and Beverly really should be on there - the most classic and craveworthy sloppy chili burger you eat standing in the parking lot

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Susie0, this sounds delicious (the burger part rather than the parking lot)! 🙂

Have you been to any of the other recommendations? 

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Melissa142
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

I'm a local.

My recs: 

- Arts District downtown - Container Yard, EightyTwo (arcade for 21+ bar), murals

- Little Tokyo downtown - shopping, ramen/ sushi, roti bread at Cafe Dulce is great, Far Bar for drinks

- Main St. Santa Monica - boutique shopping, coffee shops, not as commercial as 3rd St. Promenade in Santa Monica where all the tourists go - Dogtown Coffee, Cafe Cielo are some favorites

- Sunset Strip - barhopping, live music shows - Roxy, Saddle Ranch, Whisky a Go Go, Viper Room

- Venice - Muscle Beach, boardwalk for cheap beach clothes/ sunglasses, oceanfront cafes

- Venice - Abbot Kinney - hipster/ artsy area of Venice - boutiques, Gjelina for pizza

The metro from downtown LA to 3rd St. Promenade in Santa Monica is also finished, so you can hop on the metro and take it all the way to the beach.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Wow @Melissa142, what a great array of recommendation here. Thanks for sharing. There are so many great things to do in LA. I hope everyone has enough time...or they will just have to book a second trip. 🙂

--------------------

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Here is part 2...thank you Donna.

Local Recommendations 2

--------------------

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

...and finally, part 3! Here is George's recommendations.

LA Recommendations

A huge thank you to Melanie, Donna and George. 

Now that AO is in full swing, it would be great to hear if you have visited any of the places mentioned in this thread including the great suggestions by @Susie0 and @Melissa142. Plus, if you have any others keep them coming, it is a great community guide for the city...perhaps we could do other cities! 🙂 Enjoy! 

--------------------